You are missing your beloved pet, so what do you do?? I have compiled a list of important tasks for you to hit hard the MINUTE your pet gets away from you. Time is of the essence. If you don’t make the time to find your pet, you should not have that pet in the first place.
(1) Depending on the temperament of your pet, walk or drive the neighborhood calling their name (duh, right?). If they are food driven or skittish, carry treats or their favorite food.
(2) Knock on your neighbors doors and alert them, as well as any nearby stores or businesses.
(3) FLYERS, FLYERS, and more FLYERS….your neighborhood and the surrounding neighborhoods. Take them to local vets, businesses, etc. Consider having a poster made for your yard so that your lost pet doesn’t get forgotten by others in your community.
(4) Create the lost pet’s own facebook page, and make sure the privacy settings are on PUBLIC.
(5) GETTING DESPERATE? OFFER A REWARD.
Read my prior blog about what can happen to your pet if you don’t search for him/her. I created this story from the dog’s perspective.
(6) Go back home and post on ALL the following websites that you have lost your pet. Include their name, description, and anything they were wearing at the time of the escape (collar, harness, clothing, etc.). Also, include a picture of your pet and the closest main intersection where they went missing. Do NOT include your home address.
LOST DOG WEBSITES/FACEBOOK PAGES: FYI, Facebook is a VERY strong source of networking. If you know of someone without internet access, or they are not familiar with Facebook, help them out!!
LOST DOGS OF TEXAS:
LOST & FOUND PETS IN SAN ANTONIO:
BEXAR COUNTY STRAY DOG LOST AND FOUND:
SAN ANTONIO PET’S LOST AND FOUND:
Here are some other tips from the City of San Antonio: